:: Re: [DNG] dnsmasq: junk found in co…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Irrwahn
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] dnsmasq: junk found in command line
hal wrote on 09.07.2018 13:08:
> Hi,
> I am having a problem starting dnsmasq after latest update to my devuan VM.
> The error is when trying to start the init script:
>
>    dnsmasq: junk found in command line

> I think I might be on old Devuan version[1] because /etc/issue says "1". Maybe
> this is the problem but I see a directory added/updated on Jun 25 /usr/share/dns/ with
> a few files in it. The init script uses sed to get some options from the files there
> and then tries starting dnsmasq with fail message above.
>
> If I debug init script[3], I get weird options indeed. Any ideas how to fix this?
> For now I have dnsmasq started by command line with simple options "-d -C configfile"
> Thank you

[cut]

Hi hal,

I vaguely recall having had a similar issue on some Debian system some
time in the past. A quick web search dug up this link containing a
solution that looks familiar to me:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/332168/how-to-get-dnsmasq-to-work

TL,DR: To solve the issue, purge and then reinstall dnsmasq, or, should
that fail, in /etc/init.d/dnsmasq change the line setting the dnsmasq
options to:

DNSMASQ_OPTS="$DNSMASQ_OPTS `mawk -- '{ printf " --trust-anchor=.,%d,%d,%d,%s", $5, $6, $7, $8 }' $ROOT_DS`"

Root cause presumably is the field delimiters in /usr/share/dns/root.ds
having changed from spaces to TABs, tripping up the old parser.

HTH, regards
Urban

--
Sapere aude!