:: Re: [DNG] A Devuan kernel?
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jimmy Johnson
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] A Devuan kernel?
On 07/09/2018 04:01 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Monday 09 July 2018 at 12:42:40, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
>
>> On 07/09/2018 03:16 AM, KatolaZ wrote:
>>>
>>> There are lots of people out there who understand a lot more about the
>>> Linux kernel than many of us here. I simply decided to trust them,
>>> collectively, because I know that nobody can buy all of them.
>>
>> Well some of those kernel experts are saying you need to check your
>> kernel.
>
> It is just as plausible that these kernel experts are deliberately spreading
> fear, uncertainty and doubt with no substance whatsoever.
>
> Any responsible person who says "you need to check your kernel; there may be a
> backdoor (or two) in it" would point at what they found to back up their
> claim. Even if this results in said backdoor being promptly removed, only for
> another one to be lurking elsewhere unannounced, it's an improvement in the
> security of the code, and everyone knows that the person was speaking
> truthfully.
>
> Anyone who claims to know there are backdoors but doesn't say why they believe
> this, what the backdoors are, or where to find further information about them,
> is only as bad as a "security researcher" who claims to have identified a
> vulnerability in code (which I regard as different from a backdoor because
> vulnerabilities are accidental, backdoors are deliberate) but refuses to
> provide responsible disclosure to the vendor / developer responsible for that
> code and thereby leaves it open to (further) exploitation.
>
>> Also how you respond to this thread speaks volumes.
>
> This, of course, is also true about you.
>

> Antony.

There's a big difference, I'm not the one trying to stop people from
taking a interest an their distros security and you are. No more
reply's to you unless you show a interest in helping find malware in
this distro.

Thanks,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Devuan Jessie - KDE 4.14.2 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda2
Registered Linux User #380263