:: Re: [DNG] A Devuan kernel?
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: KatolaZ
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] A Devuan kernel?
On Mon, Jul 09, 2018 at 03:00:22AM -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

[cut]

> > This discussion seems bordering on conspiracy theories. Those claim that
> > something might be true and sow fear, uncertainty and doubt. Some parts
> > of conspiracy theories may turn out to have been true, like for example
> > all the spying the NSA and other secret agencies are doing. But I see no
> > benefit in fearing something I have seen no proof of.
> >
> > Anyone ever saw any proof that such a backdoor exists within the Linux
> > kernel source? I haven´t.
> >
> > Aside from that, I´d be more vary about the firmware in PCs. The closed-
> > source binary blobs almost everyone is using who is using a computer
> > these days.
> >
> > I do not think this discussion is helpful. There may be reasons for an
> > own kernel, but IMO this is no reason.
>

> Martin you are active with both KDE and Debian Development, I would not
> expect you to be of much help, so pleas stay out of the way.
>
> Thanks,

uh?!? o_O

I guess we need to calm down a bit here? Martin expressed his
view. You Jimmy expressed yours, and nobody asked you to get/stay out
of the way. I presume you should give to the opinions of others the
same treatment you expect for yours, as a baseline. Or at least expect
your opinions to be treated with the same respect with which you treat
those of others...

HND

KatolaZ