Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] noisy computer
On Mon, 2 Jul 2018 14:42:22 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 02:15:32PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> > Remove the cover from the machine and start wiggling wires, hard.
> > Does it seem like you can trigger the click by moving the wires? If
> > so, move ever fewer wires til you get one wire or one cable that
> > seems to trigger it.
>
> There has been one wire that, when jiggled, shuts down one of the
> drives used in my RAID. That doesn't seem to be the click problem,
> because /proc/mdstat reports all my RAID drives to be OK.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA!

Replace that wire immediately. Whether or not it's the root cause of
this particular thing, it will be a root cause of other things. A
computer should have no physical intermittence.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2018 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28