:: [devuan-dev] nice talking to RMS
Top Pagina
Auteur: Edward Bartolo
Aan: devuan developers internal list
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] nice talking to RMS
Subject: Completely Free Devuan.
Note: I am continuing with this thread as 'complete freedom' has been
metioned by Jaromil and that it has been suggested by RMS.

This, unfortunately will place Devuan among those Linux distributions
that support the LEAST number of hardware. The problem here, is many
people, have almost no-choice where hardware is involved. Either one
pays through one's nose to get Linux certified hardware or one just
buys what is available benefitting from much more competitive prices.
I am one of the latter category: I do not want to spend more to get
less. The second hard-reality is hardware manufacturers do not always
want to support Linux (to put it mildly).

This short reply is to exhort the Devuan administration to accept
reality, instead of day-dreaming of ideals that cannot be reached, as
reaching them, depends on other people who have other priorities.