Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] One week into Devuan 2.0 ASCII -- Some stats
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 07:38:55PM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:

[cut]

> > I remain strongly convinced that maintaining i686 support as long as
> > possible should remain an ongoing objective for Devuan.
>
> For people who actually need it -- I fully agree with you. But for folks on
> amd64-capable hardware: no way! Right now, you promote i386 as strongly as
> amd64; compare to https://debian.org where you need to actually look if you
> want i386 installer.

I genuninely don't understand what you are talking about :)

On http://www.debian.org I click on "Getting Debian" and the first two
available links are for amd64 AND i386. If I click on "Network
Install" or on "CD/USB ISO images", i386 is available aside all the
other architectures.

Unless you consider "more prominence" the fact that "amd64" comes
first (and before "i386") in the lexicographical order used to sort
links in those pages...

o_O

KatolaZ