:: Re: [DNG] what happened to usbmount…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Haines Brown
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] what happened to usbmount?
On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 05:39:02AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 18:29:27 -0400, Haines wrote in message
> <20180616222927.GK1606@???>:
>
> > I go to install usbmount on ascii 2.0.0 and I get "E: Unable to locate
> > package usbmount".
>
> ..you have 'dpkg -l |grep usbmount ' and 'apt-cache search usbmount'
> turn out nothing?

On my jessie machine, dpkg -l grep usbmount returns:

ii usbmount 0.0.22 all automatically mount and unmount USB mass ...

On my ascii 2.0.0. nothing is returned.

On my jessie machine $ aptitude show usbmount returns:

Package: usbmount
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 0.0.22

On my ascii machine apt-cache search usbmount returns nothing.

  $ aptitude show usbmount returns:
    E: Unable to locate package usbmount

> ..https://wiki.debian.org/usbmount and
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=774149 says Debian
> ditched it, https://github.com/rbrito/usbmount says we can pick it up.

Am I wrong, but does the restored usbmount depend on systemd? If so that
may be why it does not show up on my ascii system.

> > Has an alternative been developed without the problems associated with
> > usbmount?
>
> ..pmount, xmount, mountpy, or maybe a lucky combination that
> tricked me into my mistaken belief I had usbmount installed.

Pmount usefully allows users to mount/umount a device, but it is not an
auto-mount. But it us useful enough that I can live without auto-mounting.

xmount seems a tool to switch between hard disk images, not to
automount.

mountpy seems like # mount -a, and so is not an automounter that might
mount a usb key on insertion, but a shortcut for mounting multiple
devices in fstab.

A long time ago I used ivman but stopped for some reason. It seems to
have disappeared because it depended on HAL. Today I gather an
auto-mounter should instead use udisks.

autofs is an automounter that relies on udev rather than HAL, Its
multitude of configuration files seemed a challenge to set up, and I did
not pursue because I was too pressed with other duties to dedicate the
time needed to get on top of all the complication. But I guess it is an
automounter that can automount USB keys.

udisks-glue is another automount daemon that glues udisk events to user
actions. At this point it is apparently limited to mounting and
unmounting events. It mounts with udisk and uses policykit to allow user
to do it. You need an init script to have it started upon boot. I have
not tried it.

I'm profoundly ignorant, but these two seem the only automount utilities
accessible to ascii.

Haines