:: Re: [DNG] Refracta no-dbus experime…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Refracta no-dbus experiment
On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 22:39:51 -0400, Steve wrote in message
<20180616223951.23a1ce4e@???>:

> > Linus has been critical of the protocol design. At the time
> > the kdbus kernel module was proposed, He said that flaws in
> > in the protocol are to blame for poor performance rather
> > than kernel limitations.
> >
> > Also, some blame can be laid on the application developers.
> > It's one thing to use dbus for automounting an external
> > drive, other to use it hundreds or thousands of times per
> > second. However from their point of view, convenience
> > matters more, and processors are certain to get faster.
>
> I'd be even more critical: I think a lot of the use of dbus is so the
> programmer can brag dbus programming on their resume.

..maybe we should teach HR people the fine art of asking the right
dumb questions to help them avoid the wrong dumb expensive hiring
of such people claiming such bragging rights on dbus. Etc.

..we could augment that by advicing C-level people on how their HR
staff skills impacts programmer etc production staff hiring, which
again impacts product quality, which again etc eventually impacts
both their own profit share, and their share holders profits.

> > Those who care enough about reducing the overhead will avoid
> > or limit their use of dbus.
>
> Agreed.

..having HR people make such dbus etc braggers come up with simple
answers on "why", rather than the usual avalanche on "how", will
help hiring businesses pick the good competent profitable staff
they need to become or remain profitable businesses.

..good "why" questions on "why a solution was chosen over another"
in e.g. a dbus git branch, of course require a fair bit of research,
which again creates new(?) markets for such good questions and HR
staff hiring interview coaching, etc.

..which again I hope will improve future code quality by discouraging
future such dbus, pulseaudio, gnome, systemd etc type resume builder
code "quality", e.g. funded and written by people coaching HR staff
weeding out the sources of such "quality."

Scenarios always come in sets of three: