:: Re: [DNG] More Sheiße on the way
Top Pagina
Auteur: Alessandro Selli
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] More Sheiße on the way
Il giorno Fri, 15 Jun 2018 20:59:06 +0200
Harald Arnesen <skogtun@???> ha scritto:

> Alessandro Selli [2018-06-15 16:30]:
>
> > "New Lazy FP State Restore Vulnerability Affects All Intel Core CPUs"
>
> According to the DragonFlyBSD list, this doesn't affect Linux.

I read that, as this is a CPU hardware bug, it affects all OSes:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/new-lazy-fp-state-restore-vulnerability-affects-all-intel-core-cpus/

    According to Intel this new vulnerability affects all Intel Intel
    Core-based microprocessors and is a bug in the actual CPU, so it does
    not matter what operating system the user is running. It could be
    Windows, Linux, BSD, or any other operating running an an Intel
    Core-based CPU and using "Lazy FPU context switching".

Alessandro.