:: Re: [DNG] devuan from scratch?
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Eric Pozharski
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] devuan from scratch?
On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 08:27:26AM +0200, Jaromil wrote:

*SKIP*
> it's interesting because it provides an alternative "new" way to
> bootstrap a new apt based system in addition to the classical
> debootstrap method. I also noticed the instructions have no mention of
> systemd, wonder where that will sneak in later...

I've made myself to believe that some alternative facts (I guess) must
be pointed out.

Linux-from-scratch builds from source. Debian-from-scratch builds from
respository. Quite a difference, eh?

As of svchost -- it *will* come with dependencies, don't you worry.
What makes me wonder, this, so to speak, manual is dated as 20180610.
Yet it doesn't mention anything for sources.list or versions of any
.deb. What seems sneaky to me, because...

I dare to state my IMCO (as in 'competent') -- it's impossible to build
debian-stable. The only thing debian-* that can be built is
debian-unstable (not debian-testing). But to achieve this they already
need debian-unstable. What LFS is not.

So, place apropriate *.deb s all over incomplete LFS, to make it
debian-unstable. Then build dpkg and apt. Why would anyone do that?
Just unwind apropriate .deb s.

*CUT*

p.s. Also. For those ignorant out there. The Linux-from-Scratch has
gone The Dark Side. Close that book.