著者: Rick Moen
To: dng
題目: Re: [DNG] Devuan ASCII 2.0.0 stable
Quoting Jaromil (jaromil@???):

> this weekend the news of our release made a splash on community fora,
> namely hackernews https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17274623 where
> our effort was always heavily denigrated and mocked, now starts
> emerging some reasonable feedback. And last not least slashdot where
> Bruce Perens declared his endorsement for Devuan 8^D
> https://linux.slashdot.org/story/18/06/10/0321233/systemd-free-devuan-20-ascii-officially-released

Bruce rises to the occasion and does things of sterling character when
you least expect it. ;-> (As the Aussies say, 'Good on ya, Bruce.')

Quoting info at smallinnovations dot nl:

> info at smallinnovations dot nl Discussion at slashdot is a waste of
> time nowadays (I do have a 5 digit uid from the time ./ had some merits).

Take it from someone who was employed at VA Linux Systems during and
after the time we acquired Andover.net (Slashdot's itty-bitty corporate
entity): Slashdot was _always_ a poster child for Sturgeon's Law,
overwhelmingly a place for bored pseudonymous nobodies to exercise poor
impulse control and the maturity of frat boys.

One of life's many ironies is that after VA Research^W^W VA Linux
Systems^W^W^W SourceForge, Inc.^W^W^W withered away so much from basic
business ineptitude that its remaining husk could no longer _even_
afford to pay the 401(k) retirement fund fees, and sold off _everything_
including SourceForge and Slashdot, the tiny remaining ember entity,
GeekNet, Inc. is sort of like an embryonic Andover.net -- so the tail
has ended up wagging the dog.

(Dice Holdings initially bought Slashdot and SourceForge.net in 2015, but
recently offloaded them to a small and obscure investment firm.)

> > Gochisōsama deshita! ;^P -- Sapere aude!

I now dare to know how to conduct myself the next time I have lunch in
Kyoto! ;-> (Arigatō gozaimasu.)