:: Re: [DNG] Xorg, choosing setuid vs…
Góra strony
Autor: karl
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] Xorg, choosing setuid vs. libpam-elogind and rant about security (was: Re: Jessie -> Ascii upgrade breaks X)
KatolaZ:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 11:15:18AM -0500, Peter Vachuska wrote:

> > I know that my setup is atypical and console users won't
> > influence the direction of X. Still....

> Dear Peter,
>
> please have a look at the ASCII Release Notes:
>
> https://files.devuan.org/devuan_ascii/Release_notes.txt
>
> which provide an explanation of the whole X.org matter and of the
> solutions available in Devuan ASCII.

That doesn't explain why, it just says something like:
we do like this and you can adjust to that by doing ...
So basically you exchanged suid X with suid consolekit/elogind ?
And if I don't need a session manager, I have been inconvenienced.

> I understand the frustration, but
> the best way to get out of it is to do something to solve the
> problem. Whatever you can.

Can't you just do (don't have an ascii system to test on for the moment)
chmod 4711 /usr/bin/Xorg
and then just run it as you whish ?

Regards,
/Karl Hammar