:: Re: [DNG] Postgresql problem
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Postgresql problem
On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 10:40:44 +0200
"J. Fahrner" <jf@???> wrote:

> Am 2018-06-10 09:26, schrieb Ralph Ronnquist:
> > The first google match suggests adding
> > ID_LIKE=Debian
> > to /etc/os-release
> >
> > Worth a try perhaps?
>
> Sounds good.
> Before:
> supported-versions: WARNING! Unknown distribution: devuan
> /usr/share/postgresql-common/supported-versions: 66:
> /usr/share/postgresql-common/supported-versions: ID_LIKE: parameter
> not set
> /usr/share/postgresql-common/supported-versions: 69:
> /usr/share/postgresql-common/supported-versions: ID_LIKE: parameter
> not set
> Please submit this as a bug report to your distribution.
>
> After (ID_LIKE=Debian):
> supported-versions: WARNING! Unknown distribution: devuan
> Please submit this as a bug report to your distribution.
>
> After (ID_LIKE=debian):
> supported-versions: WARNING! Unknown distribution: devuan
> debian found in ID_LIKE, treating as Debian
>
> Looks like debian must be written in lower case.
> Would be nice if Devuan could add this in base-files package.

Why is the distro one is using Postgres' business? I'd imagine if I
want to run Postgres on Steve's Midnight Escape distribution, I should
be able to, without an error message. If this error is thown by
Postgres itself, I think it should be submitted as a bug report to
Postgres. If it's not a bug, it sounds like a poor design decision.

If the error is being thrown by something Debian added, well, it's
Holloween code, and we can take it out.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2018 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28