:: Re: [DNG] ancient data recovery: GP…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Hendrik Boom
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] ancient data recovery: GPE calendar
On Wed, Jun 06, 2018 at 04:38:59AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 18:50:10 -0400, Hendrik wrote in message
> <20180605225010.GC12941@???>:
>
> > On Tue, Jun 05, 2018 at 11:51:11PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

> > > ..what package name?
> >
> > gpe-calendar, for the one I'm most concerned with.
>
> ..you found it?:
> https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/gpe-calendar or
> http://archive.debian.org/debian-archive/debian/pool/main/g/gpe-calendar/
>
> ..or did I only find some old rotten bits of junk?
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gpe-calendar
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?archive=both;dist=oldstable;package=gpe-calendar

You found a little more than I did. Running this package on a wheezy
system is probably the easiest way to read the calendar. But exporting
it to a modern file format is likely another matter.

I managed to find the wheezy source package. But the way the word has
changed, it may be easiest to use the binary package on a real wheezy
system thatn to try to build the package in a modern system.

I'm still exploring alternatives before taking action.

For past events, I'd be happy with a complete, readable text file. I
might be able to write a program to produce that if I find a compatible
version of sqlite, or if current sqlite will upgrade the db to whatever
it uses now.

For future events, I could hand-enter them into a new calendar system --
preferably one that lets me export everything into a readable form, and
which I can sync across devices with something relemblig revision
control.

-- hendrik