:: Re: [devuan-dev] vlc_broken_in_asci…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: KatolaZ
To: devuan-dev
Oggetto: Re: [devuan-dev] vlc_broken_in_ascii?
On Tue, Jun 05, 2018 at 06:41:59AM +0200, Jaromil wrote:

[cut]

> > ...or they are using auto.mirror.devuan.org, which shows the older version
> > for vlc-data:
> >
> >      3.0.2-0+deb9u1 0
> >        500 http://pkgmaster.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-security/main amd64

> >      2.2.7-1~deb9u1 0
> >        100 http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ ascii-security/main amd64

> well spotted! me too just as Katolaz couldn't find the reason.
>
> now we know, is there any way we can avoid this situation created by
> use of auto.mirror? is it still the default in the installer, or where
> does it comes from?

Then this is the latest quirk of the original amprolla... :(

auto.mirror is nowhere in ascii installers, not even in the beta. So
this must be some previous installation upgraded from jessie maybe.

We have already said everywhere that users should use deb.devuan.org,
especially with ascii. We must put this in the release notes for
ASCII, I guess.

I don't think that automatic tools are of any help in this case, since
sources.list can come in an enormous variety of forms, so an automatic
tool will always leave many users unhappy. It's better to ask them to
edit their files accordingly.

My2Cents

KatolaZ