:: Re: [DNG] (forw) [GoLugTech] Micros…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jimmy Johnson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] (forw) [GoLugTech] Microsoft buys GitHub
On 06/03/2018 06:01 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> For years, I've been politely telling representatives & users of open source
> projects (Void Linux, many others) 'Hey, you might want to reconsider
> outsourcing your entire source code repos to GitHub, and consider
> instead deploying instead one of many actually open source, self-hosted
> workalikes such as GitLab.'
>
> I'm betting they'll see nothing wrong with outsourcing to a
> proprietary-software firm run by people they don't know and have no
> reason to trust, based on this news. I'm glad it works for them.
>
> Did I mention GitLab? ;->
>
> ----- Forwarded message from David Krauser via Tech <tech@???> -----
>
> Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2018 18:51:18 -0400
> From: David Krauser via Tech <tech@???>
> To: tech <tech@???>
> Subject: [GoLugTech] Microsoft buys GitHub
>
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-03/microsoft-is-said-to-have-agreed-to-acquire-coding-site-github
>
> This makes me really uncomfortable.
>
> - dk

https://news.microsoft.com/2018/06/04/microsoft-to-acquire-github-for-7-5-billion/

I hope it's not to late for friendly open-source to get out of gethub.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Devuan Jessie - TDE Trinity R14.0.4 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda2
Registered Linux User #380263