:: Re: [DNG] [OT] Re: (forw) [GoLugTec…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mark Rousell
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] [OT] Re: (forw) [GoLugTech] Microsoft buys GitHub
On 04/06/2018 17:52, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 05:40:15PM +0100, Mark Rousell wrote:
>>
>> I can't see that it would be in Microsoft's interest to kill open source.
>>
>> Aren't they the largest single contributor on GitHub?
>>
> No, they just own the largest corporate account on github. This does
> not mean that all the stuff they put there is public, or free
> software.
>
> Al always, their marketing has been very effective, apparently.

I don't want to get into an argument about this as I am not exactly a
fan of Microsoft but...

My statement that MS were the largest single contributor on GitHub comes
from GitHub's own statistics specifically for *open source*
contributions (admittedly dating from 2016).

Source: http://businessinsider.com/microsoft-github-open-source-2016-9
'Microsoft just edged out Facebook and proved that it's changed in an
important way'.

--
Mark Rousell