:: Re: [DNG] Unable to "Load missing f…
Top Pagina
Auteur: fsmithred
Aan: dan pridgeon, dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Unable to "Load missing firmware from removable media"
On 05/26/2018 04:31 PM, dan pridgeon wrote:

> This is not the case for the Netinst.iso.  Within the packages you have so carefully noted, is the file containing the firmware needed for the C700 wireless adapter card.  I do not know the name of that file.  Knowingthat list of packages, I can now begin to learn how to search those packages for .fw files in order to determine thecorrect file.  The netinst.iso  asks for the file named ucode13.fw which it cannot find in either the b43 or the
> b43-open directories.  This leads to the logical conclusion that either the netinst.iso is asking for the wrong.fw file, OR, it is not looking for it in the right place.  From all that I've studied so far, this is an inheritedstate of affairs for Devuan.  Sorry if I'm not as clear as I'd like to be.  I find myself walking among giants here but I

Now we're getting somewhere! The package I said you need is not on the
netinstall iso (I'm looking at the beta.) Below is the list of everything
in the firmware directory on the iso. It has more than just wireless
firmware, and it doesn't have all the wireless firmware. (b43-fwcutter,
firmware-b43-installer, firmware-b43-legacy-installer are missing, and
maybe others, too.)

I just tried this in a refracta iso with network disconnected.
b43-fwcutter needs to be installed before firmware-b43-installer or the
latter fails due to the missing package. Install them in the right order
and firmware-b43-installer fails because it cannot connect to
www.lwfinger.com.

You can extract the files from a deb file with 'ar x <file.deb>'. I did
that with the b43 installer, and I looked in /lib/firmware/b43/ and it's
empty. You have to be online if you want to get the file that will allow
you to get online. That's the exact situation we try to avoid by having
the wireless firmware installed in the live isos.

http://www.lwfinger.com/b43-firmware/ has some files. I don't know which
is the right one. You can get the file that was requested during the
install from the live iso. It's /lib/firmware/b43/ucode13.fw.

Firmware packages on beta netinstall iso:
amd64-microcode_3.20160316.3_amd64.deb
atmel-firmware_1.3-4_all.deb
bluez-firmware_1.2-3_all.deb
dahdi-firmware-nonfree_2.11.1-1_all.deb
firmware-amd-graphics_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-atheros_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-bnx2_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-bnx2x_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-brcm80211_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-cavium_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-crystalhd_0.0~git20120110.fdd2f19-1_all.deb
firmware-intel-sound_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-intelwimax_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-ipw2x00_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-ivtv_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-iwlwifi_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-libertas_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-linux-free_3.4_all.deb
firmware-misc-nonfree_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-myricom_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-netxen_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-qlogic_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-realtek_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-samsung_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-siano_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-ti-connectivity_20161130-3_all.deb
firmware-zd1211_1.5-4_all.deb
hdmi2usb-fx2-firmware_0.0.0~git20151225-1_all.deb