:: Re: [DNG] ..pkgmaster.devuan.org is…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] ..pkgmaster.devuan.org is dead? Is the amprolla3 service down, or moved somewhere else?
On Tue, 1 May 2018 10:02:34 +0100, KatolaZ wrote in message
<20180501090234.GI26360@???>:

> On Tue, May 01, 2018 at 08:51:31AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
> [cut]
> >
> > On 2018-04-30 18:08, KatolaZ wrote:
> > > On Tue, May 01, 2018 at 12:51:53AM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

..[context cut]...

> > > You started this thread whining about Devuan repos being broken.
> > > Now that we discovered that they are not broken, you found out
> > > (what a news!) that there are packages that depend on systemd.
> > > You can find out by yourself that you can't install any of those
> > > packages if you use only Devuan repos. What's next?
> > >

> > ..how about fixing Devuan BTS, instead of whining about me
> > reporting things that _appear_ broken to me?:

..[duly cut without loss of context]

> Is this the normal way you interact with an open-source community, or
> are you making some special effort to look mean just for Devuan? :\

..this in how I repond to people who whine. Also in courts.

..regardless of whether or not I am right or wrong about things being
broken, I report on things I suspect may be broken, because they appear
broken to me, and because I belive broken stuff in Devuan needs to be
fixed, regardless of whether I can do it myself, or of my need for
funds to hire a lawyer to do my post-Groklaw litigation, or whatever.

..human error is part of the deal, deal with it.

> > ~$ reportbug edb
> > *** Welcome to reportbug. Use ? for help at prompts. ***
> > Note: bug reports are publicly archived (including the email
> > address of the submitter). Detected character set: UTF-8
> > Please change your locale if this is incorrect.
> >
> > Using 'arnt <arnt@???>' as your from address.
> > Getting status for edb...
> > A package named "edb" does not appear to be installed; do you want
> > to search for a similar-looking filename in an installed package
> > [Y|n|q|?]? n Getting available info for edb... Please enter the
> > version of the package this report applies to (blank OK)
> > > 1.13-3
> > Will send report to Devuan (per lsb_release).
> > Querying Devuan BTS for reports on edb (source)...
> > Unable to connect to Devuan BTS (error: "NoNetwork()"); continue
> > [y|N|?]?
> >

> Now the BTS is broken...except it ain't broken (and the fact that many
> users have been able to use it should be a hint). It's just telling
> you that it can't retrieve the list of bugs related to that
> package. That's because the "feature" is currently disabled.

..why??? This edb bug is
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=840748 and is not yet
solved in https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=871041 ...

...and we shouldn't have to waste effort on needlessly creating
duplicate bug reports, if we can drop them right home (upstream
in this case) where they belong.

..any amprolla style work on separately fetching bugs in progress?

..one way could be use a "Fetch bug reports now?" menu option, and
then add a "Fetch Debian Upstream bug reports now?" menu option,
and then a "Fetch Further Upstream bug reports now?" menu option,
rather than try do it all automatically like Debian's reportbug,
"dumping them all in one big messy bug soup bowl."

> Just hit "y" and continue with your bug report.

..willco.

> The list of bugs
> related to a package can be retrieved from bugs.devuan.org

..https://bugs.devuan.org//cgi/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=edb
now reports: " Devuan bug report logs: package edb
There is no record of the edb package, and no bugs have been
filed against it.", possibly because bugs.devuan.org _doesn't_
check packages that we fetch from Debian, with bugs.debian.org.

..if it did, it would mention Debian's #840748 and #871041,
_now_ on Tue, 1 May 2018 11:34:58 UTC, _before_ my report.

> > ..edb is broken too, and breaks emacs25 installs if present.
> > emacs25 installs fine, once you remove edb.
>

> I'll tell you something incredible: you are not the only Devuan user,
> and not all Emacs users in ASCII want emacs25. edb might break emacs25
> but does not break emacs24.

..the _installation_ of emacs24, correct. I never got around to
actually play around with edb in neither emacs24 nor emacs25,
and I understand there may be several separate bugs in edb.
And this fact, my experience and my belief all belongs in the
2 bug reports, not so much in here.

> The breakage here comes from the Debian emacs team, who tried to do
> three things in one go and managed to do less than one. Your bug
> report should better be submitted there, if you want it to be
> useful. We don't have a team of 20 people in charge of packaging emacs
> and emacs-related stuff, unfortunately...

..is why we report it "Upstream", it may be "Upstream" to Debian too.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: