:: Re: [DNG] machine locks up switchin…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] machine locks up switching between console and X session
On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 02:24:36PM +0200, Florian Zieboll wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 14:13:15 +0200
> Florian Zieboll <f.zieboll@???> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 10:07:02 +0100
> > KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:
> >

> > > Pinning should not be needed any more, since the *-backports suites
> > > are at prio 100 by default (it was not like that in the past
> > > though, I know...) while $codename. $codename-updates and
> > > $codename-security are at prio 500.
> >

> > Nice to know!
>

> Hallo KatolaZ,
>
> obviously I hit "send" too fast, as I couldn't find that configuration
> anywhere under "/etc/apt/". Where is this behavior defined, resp. how
> would I change it? (Just in case...)

Hi Florian,

it's determined in the repo config, and apt acquires this in formation
from the Release files. In particular, if the following fields are
present in the Release file of a suite:

NotAutomatic: yes
ButAutomaticUpgrades: yes

then apt will assign to the corresponding suite a lower priority (the
default is 100). NotAutomatic prevents the suite from shadowing
packages in other suites with higher priority (e.g., ascii is by
default at 500), while ButAutomaticUpgrades will allow upgrades to
already-installed packages from the suite to be pulled-in if
necessary.

The only way to change the priority of a suite in your local
installation is via a pin.

HTH

KatolaZ