:: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Alessandro Selli
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free system
On 16/03/2018 at 00:14, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Nelson H. F. Beebe (beebe@???):
>
>> I must rebut those statements.
>
> Edge-case obsess, much? ;->
> I'm delighted to have inspired you have disgorged this huge display of
> obscure geekery,

The ignorant peasant regularly claims the words of the savant to be
"obscure geekery".

> albeit it was gloriously irrelevant to the antecedent
> basic discussion of printers.

It's actually focused on your claim that:

    "You can convert a .ps file to .pdf one and back, and not lose any
    substantive content in either direction.  The primary physical
    difference is that the PDF version will be stored compressed, while
    the PS version will not."

>> In summary, yes, the transformations PDF-to-PostScript and
>> PostScript-to-PDF are possible, but while the end results may be
>> similar, they are by no means identical.
>
> So, I voiced something pretty much true in most ways that matter, but

...factually wrong.

> you wanted to furiously

Define "furious", as it seems you just mean "that contradicts what I say".

> argue at great length anyway, because edge-case
> obsessiveness is a thing.

"Edge cases"? "Obsessiveness"? You really have a problem accepting you
said something wrong and being corrected with purely technical reasoning.

> I guess I must be on the Internet.

The Flying Circus of those who are always right, facts notwithstanding!