:: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: J. Fahrner
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free system
Am 2018-03-14 21:29, schrieb Chillfan:
> Just as a precursor to this.. I don't consider freebsd an alternative
> to Devuan partly because of freedom related issues since they're happy
> to accept binary only drivers there.

I have no problem with binary drivers. I am not an ideologist. I like
the concept that Kernel and User Land are of one piece. Everything
centrally coordinated, no wild growth as under Linux. Of course, they
adapt many things from the Linux world, because otherwise many software
just would not run. Basically, I think BSD is much better. In real
operation, however, there are 2 problems: many laptop functions are
still immature, e.g. Suspend / Resume, and the software offering is even
worse than under Linux. For example, there is no Virtualbox or VMware
Player, which is important to me for a few Windows programs that do not
exist for Linux.

Jochen