:: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: J. Fahrner
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free system
Am 2018-03-14 20:50, schrieb Chillfan:
> This is one of the best tear downs of dbus I've seen.
>
> The thinking seems to be based purely on trends, e.g "You guys are
> going with dbus, right? OK let's do that." even if it makes no sense
> for the use case.

I'm exactly with you! Last year I tried a switch to FreeBSD, because I
was not satisfied with Linux. In german we say "Too many cooks spoil the
broth". That's what I feel with Linux. In FreeBSD you can compile all
packages from source. I was shocked seeing the compilation of a stupid
browser takes a multiple of time than the whole rest of the system! Can
someone explain, why a stupid web browser takes more resources than the
whole kernel and user space of a unix system? Whats going wrong there???

I think we should stop this madness! Back to the roots!

Jochen