:: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Arnt Gulbrandsen
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free system
J. Fahrner writes:
> That's also what I do. I have a Brother DCP-7045N connected as
> network printer with lpd protocol. I can install it with a
> single ppd file, but then printing is VERY SLOW. Printing is
> fast with the Brother supplied "cupswrapper" driver, but this is
> only available as 32bit package, and that is ugly on a 64bit
> system. Has someone hints how to debug the issue with slow
> printing using only the ppd description (without cupswrapper)?
> The cups structure seems very complex to me, and I don't know
> where to start.

It is very complex, hardly anyone need all of what cups offers. Try these:

curl http://rant.gulbrandsen.priv.no/dl/test.ps | lpr

curl http://rant.gulbrandsen.priv.no/dl/test.ps | lpr -o raw

Is the first print job slow and the second fast? If so, cups is doing work
you don't need. If not, it's something else. Are both slow or both fast?

Arnt