:: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: J. Fahrner
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free system
Am 2018-03-14 13:05, schrieb Simon Hobson:
> FWIW, while it generally costs more, I've always (both for work and
> home) tried to stick to Postscript [compatible] printers.

That's also what I do. I have a Brother DCP-7045N connected as network
printer with lpd protocol. I can install it with a single ppd file, but
then printing is VERY SLOW. Printing is fast with the Brother supplied
"cupswrapper" driver, but this is only available as 32bit package, and
that is ugly on a 64bit system. Has someone hints how to debug the issue
with slow printing using only the ppd description (without cupswrapper)?
The cups structure seems very complex to me, and I don't know where to
start.

Jochen