:: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free …
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Arnt Gulbrandsen
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free system
katolaz@??? writes:
> yeah, namely. Why on Earth do we need dbus to send a print job over
> the network via lpd or http? The real answer is "we don't". The
> effective one is "the developers of hplip don't give a toss".

Yet another answer is: The developers don't see another way that's both
implemented and so much better that it's worth bothering about.

(I'm using a computer with 16 GB RAM and four CPU cores to type a couple of
parapgraphs of text now. Ridiculously overpowered for such a simple task.
But I have the computer in my office, why should I bother to use anything
less?)

Arnt