:: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free …
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Menelaos Maglis
A: dave_t_turner, dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] printing in a D-Bus free system
> I use hplip and yes dbus is installed.

> I run a very minimal ascii/ceres system and following the trail of

things dependent on dbus - well, unless somebody knows better it looks
like we are stuck with it.

I realize that unfortunately one cannot even print without hplip/dbus these days...

> Apart from being unable to print, what happens in your system without

elogind or the various 'pam' things that need dbus?

> What are you using instead of them?

For display manager you are left with either xdm or wdm. Alternatively, strartx from the console.

There are a number of dbus-free window managers eg. openbox, i3

Check:

https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/blob/master/devuan-without-dbus.md

https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/blob/master/dbus-free-software.md

--