:: Re: [DNG] ..no response on https:/…
Góra strony
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] ..no response on https://talk.devuan.org/t/mirroring-devuan/45/7 so I try here
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 19:10:30 +0000, KatolaZ wrote in message
<20180312191030.GA16176@???>:

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 03:43:25PM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > > merged        # This is new devuan.org code,

> > ..this is "Debian's mirror MINUS systemd PLUS Devuan's code mirror",
> > merger job is done with amprolla's you-don't-wanna-know server side
> > magic.
> >
> > > size?
> >
> > ..today: 2.6TB, according to:
> > https://www.debian.org/mirror/size
> >

> > ...or, if you like me have a partial Debian mirror on your lan with
> > source, all, amd64, i386 and hurd-i386 and oldstable/jessie, stable,
> > testing and sid, 413GB.
> >
> > ..minus hurd-i386, I estimate "merged" to: 365GB and a complete
> > "devuan+merged" Devuan mirror to: qalc 413-48+13.81 = 379GB.
> >

> mmmhhh, if you use an external Debian mirror, the actual size of the
> Devuan-specific stuff is only about 14GB atm. A full mirror with all,
> amd64, and i386 is about 140GB per release, atm (so about 420GB if you
> want jessie, ascii, and ceres. Will soon need to add another ~130GB
> for Beowulf ;)).

..I don't have any arm* debs in my lan mirror, Debian reports these
to 180GB, 179GB and 190GB, how much on our side in "devuan"?

..trying to find out, I found I'm denied rsync access to "devuan"
because I don't yet have ssh keys, so I joined devuan-mirror and
asked for ssh key access this afternoon today.

> [cut]
>

> > > ..I have a partial (source,amd64,i386,i386-hurd) lan Debian
> > > mirror (bad isp link) and I understand some packages are
> > > identical over here at Devuan, so I guess I can play mirror
> > > guineapig here.
> >
> > ..in my case, I'd add "5c) IF YOU HAVE A DEBIAN MIRROR BOX ON YOUR
> > LAN" to ftp://ftp.fau.de/devuan/devuan_mirror_walkthrough.txt ,
> > swapping out all mentions of "deb.debian.org" in section "5b) IF
> > YOU DON'T HAVE A LOCAL DEBIAN MIRROR" with a relevant lan ip (e.g.
> > "10.11.12.13") in all the relevant rewrite rules.
> > That approach leaves your Debian mirror operative until you have
> > C-level
> > approval to yank it down, or, you can leave it up for those crazy
> > bad downtime cases all the way up to "Lennart comes back as
> > Jesus." ;oD
> >

> Please notice that the original walkthrough document is always at:
>
> https://pkgmaster.devuan.org/devuan_mirror_walkthrough.txt
>
> In theory, package mirrors (like ftp.fau.de, the one that you mention)
> should mirror that file automatically, but they are not requested to
> do so, so it's better to always refer to the version on
> pkgmaster.devuan.org. If you have suggestions for improvements to the
> walkthrough, you are welcome to propose them :)

..thanks. _Should_ I really need ssh key access to rsync the
"devuan" part of Devuan for my lan mirror?
For public mirrors, I totally agree we need ssh key security,
but for my lan mirrors?

..for non-public lan mirrors I feel ssh key security should be
optional, so my lan mirrors keep working when my net link dies.

> Anyway, you still need a Debian mirror for all the packages that are
> not forked by Devuan (which are about 95% of all the 180000+ packages
> in Jessie, Ascii, Ceres), so in practice you can't yank the Debian
> mirror down atm.

..correct, unless you're serving Debian clients or keeping an eye on
systemd etc conspiracies, the easier approach would be starting with
a Debian lan mirror and then "update" that debmirror-style to create
our own "merged" Devuan package mirror.

..debmirror-style, debmirror should believe any "merged" lie we feed
it, once we have those ssh key access issues on "devuan" sorted out.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: