:: Re: [DNG] ..no response on https:/…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Temas antiguos: [DNG] ..no response on https://talk.devuan.org/t/mirroring-devuan/45/7 so I try here
Asunto: Re: [DNG] ..no response on https://talk.devuan.org/t/mirroring-devuan/45/7 so I try here
On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 02:56:13 +0100, Arnt wrote in message
<20151217025613.4656e2be@???>:

> Hi,
>
> ..I got no response on https://talk.devuan.org/t/mirroring-devuan/45/7
> so I try here: do you guys have " du -sch "-style numbers for
> alpha-iso-cd # 28MB

..today: 39.58GB, according to:
https://ftp.fau.de/cgi-bin/show-mirror-status.cgi?mirror=devuan-cd

> devuan        # This is Debian minus Systemd?

..this is Devuan's code mirror.

> Size?

..today: 13.81GB, according to:
https://ftp.fau.de/cgi-bin/show-mirror-status.cgi?mirror=devuan

> merged        # This is new devuan.org code,

..this is "Debian's mirror MINUS systemd PLUS Devuan's code mirror",
merger job is done with amprolla's you-don't-wanna-know server side
magic.

> size?

..today: 2.6TB, according to:
https://www.debian.org/mirror/size

...or, if you like me have a partial Debian mirror on your lan with
source, all, amd64, i386 and hurd-i386 and oldstable/jessie, stable,
testing and sid, 413GB.

..minus hurd-i386, I estimate "merged" to: 365GB and a complete
"devuan+merged" Devuan mirror to: qalc 413-48+13.81 = 379GB.

> in http://packages.devuan.org/ ?

..https://ftp.fau.de/cgi-bin/show-mirror-status.cgi?mirror=devuan-cd
https://files.devuan.org/MIRRORS.txt misled me into mirroring
files.devuan.org/ rather than auto.mirror|packages.devuan.org/devuan,
it turned out "Devuan Mirror != Devuan Mirror." ;o)

..proper way to mirror Devuan mirrors:
ftp://ftp.fau.de/devuan/devuan_mirror_walkthrough.txt

> ..I have a partial (source,amd64,i386,i386-hurd) lan Debian mirror
> (bad isp link) and I understand some packages are identical over
> here at Devuan, so I guess I can play mirror guineapig here.

..in my case, I'd add "5c) IF YOU HAVE A DEBIAN MIRROR BOX ON YOUR LAN"
to ftp://ftp.fau.de/devuan/devuan_mirror_walkthrough.txt , swapping out
all mentions of "deb.debian.org" in section "5b) IF YOU DON'T HAVE A
LOCAL DEBIAN MIRROR" with a relevant lan ip (e.g. "10.11.12.13") in all
the relevant rewrite rules.
That approach leaves your Debian mirror operative until you have
C-level
approval to yank it down, or, you can leave it up for those crazy bad
downtime cases all the way up to "Lennart comes back as Jesus." ;oD

Scenarios always come in sets of three: