:: Re: [DNG] Used *and* free hardware
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Didier Kryn
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Used *and* free hardware
Le 12/03/2018 à 12:34, Luciano Mannucci a écrit :
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 10:07:57 +0100
> Martin Steigerwald <martin@???> wrote:
>
>> I do follow the Linux PPC laptop project¹, and it would probably be wise to
>> give some money to them. But they also currently use a closed hardware design.
>>
>> [1] https://www.powerpc-notebook.org/
> Are there plans to port Devuan to PPC? It souldn't be too difficult:
> there is a Debian and an Ubuntu for PPC...

    Unfortunately the situation of Debian for Powerpc isn't very clear.
There is a split between 32-bit, 64-bit, little-endian and big-endian,
plus the powerpcspe architecture from Freescale, and I think most of
these arches, if not all, are not longer official Debian arches, but
have only the status of "ports". AFAIK, IBM only supports Linux for the
most recent 64 bit arch.

        Didier