:: Re: [DNG] Wicd + dhclient no longer…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rowland Penny
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Wicd + dhclient no longer sends the correct host name and doesn't request search domains anymore in ascii.
On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 10:41:09 +0100
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> wrote:

>     This is just to remind everyone that wicd isn't necessary - at
> least if it doesn't provide anything more than wifi config.
>
>     I've been living without it - and without network-manager - for
> many years. All I need is wpa_spplicant and wpa_gui.
>
>     Put the following line in wpa_supplicant.conf:
>
> ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=dialout
> update_config=1
>
>     Then make yourself a member of group dialout
>
>     Put the following in your /etc/network/interfaces - I know it's
> deprecated, but it just works.
>
> allow-hotplug wlan0
> auto wlan0
> iface wlan0 inet manual
>         wpa-roam /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
>
> iface default inet dhcp
>
>     Now everytime you want to connect to a new wifi station, open
> wpa_gui; it's intuitive. If you want wpa_supplicant to remember that
> station, then save the config.
>
>     If you have both Ethernet and wifi, then you also need ifplugd.
> I know it's potterware, but it works and is still not infected by the
> disease.
>
>     Done.
>
>                 Didier

Hi Didier, all of what you say is true, but if there is a wicd package,
then it needs to work as expected.

As for anybody using wicd on Devuan and having slight problems, just
feel glad you are not using Ubintu 18.04. This has something called
'systemd.resolved', which, for some unknown reason, puts yet another
layer in the resolv stack and refuses to let you change
/etc/resolv.conf

Rowland