:: Re: [DNG] antiX distro
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: KatolaZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] antiX distro
On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 10:15:42PM +0100, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 21:21:21 +0100, info wrote in message
> <36197070-3573-f036-4cf6-a4f3d92ca101@???>:
>
> > Today i noticed that the antiX distro (lightweight linux with minimal
> > resources) https://antixlinux.com/ is "Based on Debian Stretch, but
> > without systemd and libsystemd0". Would it be a idea working together
> > with them?
> >
> > Grtz.
> >
> > Nick
>
> ..absolutely. Weird we didn't find each other before. I for one would
> have gone there had I found them before I did my upgrade to ascii here.
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AntiX
> https://antixlinux.com/about/
> http://antix.mepis.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
>
> ..only thing is, where's their mail list? ;o)

Yes, AntiX is a really interesting project. The thing is that it is
relatively easy to be systemd-free without supporting any Desktop
Environment (they have support for a few WMs, but apparently no DE)
and offering a live system for x86 only. Devuan could have gone that
way, but decided to remain a universal operating system ;)

AFAIK AntiX was actually using Devuan's repos for de-systemd-ised
packages (dunno if they still are), so apparently they managed to find
us ;)

HND

KatolaZ