:: Re: [DNG] Report on fresh install o…
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Report on fresh install of ASCII beta
On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 06:32:00PM +0100, Didier Kryn wrote:

>     Upon reboot there was no network connection and no ifconfig. I'm not
> familiar with the ip command and I had to browse the web (on another
> machine) to find the translation of ifconfig commands to ip commands. I put
> the interface up (maybe it was already), but the network was still not
> working. I launched dhclient by hand and then it worked. Then I installed
> net-tools, wpa-supplicant and wpa-gui, copied my old wpa_supplicant.conf,
> added the proper config for wlan0 and installed and configured ifplugd and I
> am now with a machine able to set up the network automatically.

Hi Didier,

please see previous email. This is due to net-tools not being
essential any more. We are working on in it.

>     When trying to install packages using synaptic, I was stuck because I
> had removed the DVD image and this image was still in source.list. By
> chance, source.list can be edited from inside synaptic. This has been a long
> standing issue in Debian.
>
>     I wanted to use zfs for my home partition, not using any RAID feature,
> just one partition. The installation of zfs-dkms was extremely long. The
> first time it was just endless and I interrupted it and it was difficult to
> recover dpkg. Finally I was able to clean-up and I retried the installation
> of zfs-dkms. This time it was long also, but at least, I could see something
> consuming cpu time (several gcc threads). And it eventually completed.
>
>     Now I have zfs-dkms and zfs-tools installed; I can create a zfs pool
> containing a single partition, but it disapears after reboot.
>
>     I am back with my old 254GB SSD. I will try harder later to make a zfs
> home.

The pool has nor disappeared. I guess you just need to start zed. The
zfs-utils package in Debian has removed initscripts, and they are
being re-introduced. The new package should b ein ascii soon. In the
meanwhile, you should be ablee to use the version available in
ascii-proposed.

My2Cents

KatolaZ