:: Re: [DNG] pam_limits or limits.conf…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: KatolaZ
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] pam_limits or limits.conf different from Debian?
On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 02:13:15PM +1300, Patrick Dunford wrote:
> No red flags for any of that stuff
>
> On a Debian Buster VM where the increased file limit put into limits.conf
> obviously works, the result of ulimit -n comes out the same 1024 as on my
> Devuan VM.
>
> The subtleties of why one distro would use one mechanism and a similar one a
> different mechanism (apparently) are all the things that frustrate people
> like me :)

The thing is that I guess Devuan ASCII has not (willingly) changed any
default in that respect, so the same problem might be present in
debian stretch.

This post:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46441602/how-to-change-open-files-ulimit-n-permanently-for-normal-user-in-debian-stret

suggests that libpam-systemd seems to ignore /etc/security/limits.conf
by default. The easy way to check is by logging in from a tty, and
looking at:

$ ulimit -n

I tried it now, setting nofile to 20000, and it correctly shows the
new value. Which polkit backend are you using? We might have inherited
an unwanted behaviour in libpam-elogind, possibly.

HND

KatolaZ