:: Re: [DNG] Devuan ASCII 2.0.0 Beta r…
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Devuan ASCII 2.0.0 Beta released
On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 11:11:30AM +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 10:48:20 +0100
> Veteran Unix Admins <freedom@???> wrote:
>

> > Dear dev1rs
> >
> > the Veteran Unix Admins salute you!
> >
> > On February 14th 2015, Devuan unveiled a "pre-alpha" Valentine release
> > of Devuan Jessie [1] just a few months after the Veteran Unix Admins
> > declared their intention to fork Debian on November 27th 2014 [2].
> > That was the beginning of our collective journey. Now, three years
> > later, Valentine's day has more love for the Devuan community. The
> > long-awaited release of Devuan 2.0 ASCII Beta (minor planet nr. 3568)
> > is here!
> >

> I downloaded the amd64 netinstall iso and installed it on a usb drive.
> I then used this to boot a computer, so far so good, attempted an
> 'expert install', all went well until it came to selecting a package
> mirror.
>
> I am in the UK, so when I was presented with a list of mirrors, I
> selected 'gb.deb.devuan.org'. This lead to an error message:
>
> [!! Configure the package manager
>
>                Bad archive mirror

Dear Rawland,

thank you for your useful report. We know that there are still a few
glitches on the country-code based URLs (gb.deb.devuan.irg,
ie.deb.devuan.org, us.deb.devuan.org, and so on). We working at
solving that.

In the meanwhile, it is sensible to use either:

deb.devuan.org (a pool of 9-11 mirrors continuosly checked)

or

pkgmaster.devuan.org

The latter supports also https.

HTH