:: Re: [DNG] Which is Free, Which is O…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Erik Christiansen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Which is Free, Which is Open Source, is there any difference?
On 12.01.18 12:22, Don Wright wrote:
> Antony Stone wrote:
>
> >So what do you classify it as?
> >
> >Proprietary? Closed source? Commercial?
> >
> >What label works best for you?
>
> Malware?
>
> (Admit you left the door open for that one and we'll move on.)
>
> Perhaps it's not really bad by intent, but like a few other well-known
> companies, and in full compliance with Sturgeon's Law, perhaps they are
> doing the best they can. A few projects just have better management.

As it is difficult to diagnose the condition leading to imposition of
systemd, it might be appropriate to just name the product eponymously:

Pötteriware

If that rhymes with pottery-ware, then most will be able to
differentiate on the basis that pottery-ware generally doesn't fuse a
houshold's saucers, cups, vases, and flower pots into a rigid monolith.

Erik

--
(5)  It is always possible to agglutinate multiple separate problems
     into a single complex interdependent solution. In most cases