:: [DNG] Request file system reviews a…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hendrik Boom
A: dng
Asunto: [DNG] Request file system reviews and recomendations.
As I understand it, there are a few new file systems somewhat
available on Linux -- ZFS, XFS, and Btrfs.

But soe are still under development, ZFS is pparently under a
prolematic license, and I don't know about XFS.

I've onece heard about one of the new systems that one shouldn't
bother using it unless one has at least 8 gigabytes of RAM.

Now, just how mature are these, how easily managed, how reliable.

I'll be populating a new device with a (I hope) high-reliablity file
system soon. It doesn't have a lot of RAM, but the RAM does have
parity checking.

Long-term data preservation is more important than speed.

Currently on another system I'm using ext4 over LLVM over software
RAID-1. I know RAID isn't a reliable backup system; I make separate
off-line backups.

What should I be considering for the new system? The same? Are the
new systems stale and well enough established in the Linux ecosystem
to be candidates?

-- hendrik