:: [DNG] The Pineapple Fund is giving …
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Apollia
To: dng
Betreff: [DNG] The Pineapple Fund is giving away millions of dollars to good causes
Hi everyone! On one of the other mailing lists I sometimes read - the
Niteowl mailing list, about sleep issues -
http://lists.circadiandisorders.org/listinfo.cgi/niteowl-circadiandisorders.org
- someone recently mentioned The Pineapple Fund.

https://pineapplefund.org/

Basically, if I understand correctly, the Pineapple Fund is an anonymous
Bitcoin millionaire giving away millions of dollars to good causes via
Bitcoin.

The application form is closing Dec. 27th.

The Pineapple Fund page currently says the fund donated $1 million to the
EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) - https://www.eff.org/

$1 million to the Internet Archive - http://archive.org/

$50k to OpenBSD - http://www.openbsdfoundation.org/

And $1 million or less to 10 other charities so far.

I personally don't know very much about the Pineapple Fund, nor Bitcoin
itself, nor how legitimate or not this is. So, sorry if this isn't
actually as helpful and great as I hope it is.

But, various media articles have been written about the Pineapple Fund.

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+pineapple+fund&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjwnvOdi6LYAhUHSCYKHSZtD_AQ_AUICigB&biw=939&bih=520

A few direct links to media articles:

https://gizmodo.com/an-anonymous-bitcoin-millionaire-is-donating-their-fort-1821340050

https://www.pcmag.com/news/357999/pineapple-fund-giving-away-86-million-in-bitcoins-to-char

http://mashable.com/2017/12/14/bitcoin-charity/

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2017/12/14/bitcoin-85m-invest-fund-pineapple/

I also found this worrying article which mentions Bitcoin recently crashing:

https://gizmodo.com/bitcoin-crashed-and-took-the-whole-market-down-with-it-1821529613

Anyway, I just thought I'd point The Pineapple Fund out, in case anyone
from Devuan might like to try applying.

Thank you all so much for all your awesome work on Devuan, and I hope this
helps!

Happy holidays to all!

Apollia