:: Re: [DNG] Long boot wait after upgr…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: J. Fahrner
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Long boot wait after upgrade to ascii
Am 2017-12-23 16:16, schrieb Didier Kryn:

>     I'd be surprised the problem comes from initramfs. Not sure also
> there is an fstab in the initramfs. When I crafted mines, I never felt
> the need for an fstab, execept,for conveniency, an fstab generated on
> the fly. Initramfs is contained in /boot/vmlinuz-foo-bar, and
> therefore is installed together with the kernel image. You could try
> to re-install it if you suspect it is the cause of the problem.
>
>      I thought the resume from suspend was performed by the kernel as
> an alternative to normal boot, hence I would guess the message "Gave
> up waiting..." is issued by the kernel, not by PID1. I'm thinking of
> one thing: a swap partition once written with an OS image and never
> re-written because it is not used by the OS. Are you sure you have
> only one swap partition and it is used as swap by your system? One
> think you might try is mkswap on this partition.

Looks like the UUID of the swap partition changed during dist-upgrade.
I now looked up the UUID, entered it in
/etc/initramfs-tools//conf.d/resume, and now it works as before.

The question remains: which step during dist-upgrade changes the UUID of
swap? Is there some hidden "mkswap"? The fault is, that this step does
not correct the UUID in /etc/initramfs-tools//conf.d/resume.