:: Re: [DNG] Long boot wait after upgr…
Página Inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Long boot wait after upgrade to ascii
Le 23/12/2017 à 12:00, J. Fahrner a écrit :
> Am 2017-12-23 11:51, schrieb Steve Litt:
>> How do you know it's with initramfs or swap partition?
>
> Because the message was:
> "Gave up waiting on suspend/resume device.".
>
> The suspend image resides in swap device.
>
> I got it working with editing /etc/initramfs-tools/conf.d/resume to
> "RESUME=none", and then "sudo update-initramfs -u -k all".
>
> The question now is: why is resume from swap no longer working? Does
> the dist-upgrade change the uuid of swap partition?

    A few ideas:

    I'd be surprised the problem comes from initramfs. Not sure also
there is an fstab in the initramfs. When I crafted mines, I never felt
the need for an fstab, execept,for conveniency, an fstab generated on
the fly. Initramfs is contained in /boot/vmlinuz-foo-bar, and therefore
is installed together with the kernel image. You could try to re-install
it if you suspect it is the cause of the problem.

     I thought the resume from suspend was performed by the kernel as
an alternative to normal boot, hence I would guess the message "Gave up
waiting..." is issued by the kernel, not by PID1. I'm thinking of one
thing: a swap partition once written with an OS image and never
re-written because it is not used by the OS. Are you sure you have only
one swap partition and it is used as swap by your system? One think you
might try is mkswap on this partition.

    Didier