:: Re: [DNG] Debian Devs using OSx? wa…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Arnt Gulbrandsen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Debian Devs using OSx? was Devuan in the German Wikipedia
katolaz@??? writes:
> Yes, I see. It's not that macbooks are preferred by developers. It's
> more like they are forced onto them by the marketing departments of
> their companies, who must ensure that their employees' laptops shine
> at least as much as their competitors'.....and then we gasp at seeing
> how much shit we have to shovel off our front gardens.....

I don't know... I don't think any of my friends or past co-workers were
forced. Free choice has been the norm where I've been, "any laptop offered
by our usual supplier".

Macbooks aren't that bad. Remember how difficult it can be to get linux
drivers for everything, and what a struggle suspend/resume often is. After
an evening of installation that nokia still doesn't sleep (which worked
with ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04). I haven't brought that up on the list since
devuan seems so server-focused. But let's not have any illusions: Macbooks
have market share and it would be strange if it were zero among debian
developers.

A quick search found
https://www.geekwire.com/2016/mac-overtakes-linux-as-developers-primary-os-windows-headed-below-50-market-share/

Arnt