:: Re: [DNG] Debian Devs using OSx? wa…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nate Bargmann
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Debian Devs using OSx? was Devuan in the German Wikipedia
* On 2017 19 Dec 16:12 -0600, Adam Borowski wrote:
> For people working on server or web crap, that's reasonable (besides the
> unreasonability of using OS X in general): a good part of server Debian
> users connect from Windows or Fruits, developers doing so wouldn't make me
> bat an eye. Note that they _do_ use what they produce.
>
> For arm stuff, unplausible as even for cross toolchains, everything is
> heavily married to Linux hosts.
>
> For client and GUI stuff, it'd be newsworthy. If you don't even use your
> own product, you're bound to produce utter unusable crap. See: Miguel de
> Icaza.

Perhaps not DDs explicitly, but there are videos out there at *Linux*
conferences where some developer opens their Mac laptop and proceeds to
switch to the VM running $LINUX_DISTRIBUTION (probably Red Hat).

There were plenty of blog posts years ago from "Linux" devs in love with
their Macbook. It was a rather embarrassing thing to observe.

- Nate