:: Re: [DNG] Interface names changed a…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: fsmithred
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Interface names changed after eudev installation
On 12/14/2017 11:47 AM, Jaromil wrote:
> While the report starting this thread is not yet verified (and hard to
> replicate due to lack of information) we do have a currently known and
> bad condition in Devuan: if the network device will change on the same
> installation, its suffix number will be increased (wlan0 -> wlan1 ->
> wlan2) I think this is also terrible especially on systems that have a
> single network device which has been simply substituted. I wonder if
> anyone has more insights about this.

I have not seen this behavior where I expected it in ascii. In the past, a
live-usb with persistence that gets booted on different machines would
increment the device names unless you deleted 70-persistent-net.rules.
That is no longer the case. On my live-usb, wlan0 and eth0 stay the same
from machine to machine, and there's no 70-persistent-net.rules file to
delete.

I tested with udev, fungus tested with eudev:
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?pid=6499#p6499

fsmithred