:: Re: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan mee…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: golinux
A: devuan-dev
Asunto: Re: [devuan-dev] Notes - Devuan meet Dec. 13, 2017
On 2017-12-14 23:41, onefang wrote:
>> * (golinux) Spam blocker needed for the wiki to eliminate the need for
>>    manual activation. Maybe a honeypot (which works a treat on the
>>    forum)?

> Something I have found that works great at blocking spammers, requiring
> a two word name. Even pointing out in the signup instructions that two
> word names are required, very rarely does a spammer do so.

I would never allow that kind of restriction on a user. Besides, two
word user names are not nice to look at. We have better ways to take
care of spammers. Have blocked over 25000 bots since January on the
forum without dictating what names are allowed. Something similar just
needs to be implemented on the wiki.

golinux