:: Re: [DNG] mounting /usr
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Didier Kryn
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] mounting /usr
Le 05/12/2017 à 23:43, Alessandro Selli a écrit :
> On 04/12/2017 at 18:13, J. Fahrner wrote:
>> Am 2017-12-04 17:54, schrieb Yevgeny Kosarzhevsky:
>>
>>> "no_root_squash  Turn off root squashing. This option is mainly useful for
>>> diskless clients."
>> NFS was never meant to be a filesystem for diskless workstations,
>    Actually both the main (only?) Linux diskless implementations, LTSP (Linux
> Terminal Server Project) and DRBL (Diskless Remote Boot in Linux) use NFS
> mounted root filesystems.

> http://drbl.sourceforge.net/
> http://ltsp.org/ - http://wiki.ltsp.org/wiki/Installation

    It's many years since the last time I compiled a Linux kernel, but
there's a feature I used at beginning:

    In the filesystems section of kernel configuration, there is a
section for special filesystems, in which you can enable NFS, and there
is also the option for the rootfs being on NFS. If you enable this one,
you must tell the address of the server and, when you boot your new
kernel, it will nfs-mount the rootfs for you.

    I don't know if "NFS was not meant to be a filesystem for diskless
worstations", but this very usage of it has been envisioned and enabled
in the Linux kernel, probably from the beginning, and I think it is one
of its usages which makes most sense.

    Didier