:: Re: [DNG] NFS: was mounting /usr
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Yevgeny Kosarzhevsky
A: Rick Moen
CC: Dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] NFS: was mounting /usr
On 5 December 2017 at 17:14, Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> By 'nougat security model', I meant a network security model that is
> fragile because of having no defence in depth, highly vulnerable in the
> interior and defended only at the borders. This is a very widespread
> problem, e.g., at many corporations that have total faith in their
> firewalls and horribly dangerous practices behind it.

Thanks but you are talking about another case of NFS appliance which I did
not consider.
For me NFS is helpful in cluster environments where each machine is a
replica of another one and they share the same data.
I don't see that it will give lower security than any other FS in this case.
And the ability export /usr in r/o mode will give higher security than
local /usr mount.

--
Regards,
Yevgeny