:: Re: [DNG] mounting /usr
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Didier Kryn
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] mounting /usr

Le 04/12/2017 à 18:13, J. Fahrner a écrit :
> Am 2017-12-04 17:54, schrieb Yevgeny Kosarzhevsky:
>
>> "no_root_squash  Turn off root squashing. This option is mainly
>> useful for diskless clients."
>
> NFS was never meant to be a filesystem for diskless workstations, so
> you cannnot expect to behave like one. Diskless workstations have also
> memory for the base system, they only *boot* over network. They don't
> use a network filesystem to replace local storage for the *system*
> itsself.
>
> You cannot expect from a unix system to mount each folder you like
> through a network filesystem. This is not a bug, it's a feature. ;-)
> The same as on windows systems, where you cannot expect to mount
> C:\windows\system32 through cifs ;-)

    I have a bunch of diskless single-board computers in production,
mounting their root filesystem through NFS. Most of this filesystem is
common and part is per-host (in /lib). /run is on tmpfs. This system has
been in production for 7 years, I think, and has acquired Terabytes of
data from digitizers. The SBCs currently run Debian-Wheezy (I started
with Sarge).

    You can actually nfs-mount any folder you like.

    Didier