:: Re: [DNG] mounting /usr
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Yevgeny Kosarzhevsky
A: J. Fahrner
CC: Dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] mounting /usr
On 5 December 2017 at 01:13, J. Fahrner <jf@???> wrote:

> Am 2017-12-04 17:54, schrieb Yevgeny Kosarzhevsky:
>
> "no_root_squash Turn off root squashing. This option is mainly useful for
>> diskless clients."
>>

> NFS was never meant to be a filesystem for diskless workstations, so you
> cannnot expect to behave like one. Diskless workstations have also memory
> for the base system, they only *boot* over network. They don't use a
> network filesystem to replace local storage for the *system* itsself.
>
> You cannot expect from a unix system to mount each folder you like through
> a network filesystem. This is not a bug, it's a feature. ;-) The same as on
> windows systems, where you cannot expect to mount C:\windows\system32
> through cifs ;-)

Alright, this is your opinion and it is wrong.
It's possible to use NFS even for root partition, you can check
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/filesystems/nfs/nfsroot.txt
I did not say in my post that mounting /usr doesn't work for me. It works.
I only worrying that I cannot make it work without having certain libs in
/usr/lib. I believe that linking against them /sbin files is not good idea
and wondering if there are any steps in Devuan to avoid /usr/lib
dependencies for files that are stored in /sbin and /bin directories. That
seems a proper logic that files in /bin and /sbin depend only on libraries
stored in /lib directory.

--
Regards,
Yevgeny