:: Re: [devuan-dev] New patches for eu…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Daniel Reurich
A: Olaf Meeuwissen, devuan developers internal list
Assumpte: Re: [devuan-dev] New patches for eudev (3.2.2-8+devuan2)
On 04/12/17 23:54, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Watching from the side lines,
>
> KatolaZ writes:

>>> I tend to agree with Daniel here, since this package is not forked
>>> from Debian we don't need to add +devuan. Lets hear more opinions.
>>
>> I agree with Dan and Jaromil. If something is not forked from Debian,
>> we don't need to use the +devuanX.Y convention, IMHO.
>
> I agree with you as well but was wondering what would happen if such a
> directly packaged package appeared in Debian. Probably unlikely to the
> extreme for eudev, but what about other packages that Devuan packaged
> first?

Conceivably we could then choose to use debian's package, either build
from source or drop our binary and uses the one debian provides
(assuming it's free of systemd infection), but then the appropriate
naming rules would also apply.

> How would the existence of such packages affect the way Devuan now
> merges the Debian packages into its own package repositories?

Devuan would be unaffected, as Devuan built packages always take
precedence at a merge, even if debian has newer versions.