:: Re: [DNG] I found a new reason to d…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: zap
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] I found a new reason to dislike debian...

On 11/20/2017 08:08 AM, Patrick Meade wrote:
> On 11/19/2017 10:01 PM, zap wrote:
>> there are dongle usbs whose firmware has been made free software, and I
>> cannot use this firmware from devuan, because some arrogant debian devs
>> were too lazy to remove the non-free package and add the free package.
>> so annoying.
>
> Will you provide a link to this discussion, please?

here is one such  example from the forums...

this is about all I can find on relevance at the moment...

It does make me very angry that the devs of debian are that stupid that
they don't include the freedom version of the atheros, because if you
have to include the non-free part, what is the point of using a free
software friendly version usb wifi adapter? yeah... no point at all
really.  I also wish idiots wouldn't come cropping up to pretend that I
am somehow an idiot who doesn't know what I am talking about...

facepalm...